Fire caused severe damage to an abandoned brick house along Highway 10, just north of Main Street in Dundalk Wednesday night. Someone pumping gas at the Esso station at the lights reported it. Dundalk firefighters were dispatched at 10:14 p.m. Aug. 30 to the fire, located on the west side of the highway. Fire Chief […]
Assessments are underway this morning after a $1.5-million fire at Hellyer’s Foodland Tuesday afternoon. Northern Bruce Peninsula Fire Chief Jack Burt credited staff who quickly got all customers and staff out of the building, which still stands after fire got into the walls, roof and basement, he said Wednesday. No injuries were reported. Braising work […]
Kelseys restaurant franchise owners in Owen Sound donated food spared by Tuesday’s fire to the Salvation Army. The donation was noted in a Facebook post by Alice Wannan, co-ordinator of Owen Sound Family Services and the food bank at the Salvation Army, the day of the fire. “In the midst of tragedy ….30 employees who […]
A suspected electrical room fire before opening at Kelseys restaurant in Owen Sound Tuesday morning caused extensive smoke damage but no injuries. “The staff did an excellent job of notifying 911 immediately and evacuating the building,” Owen Sound Fire Chief Phil Eagleson said at the scene. Firefighters contained flames in the electrical room, the origin […]
An unattended pot of oil used to make french fries caused a fire Wednesday in Owen Sound. The fire at 1349 2nd Ave. W. was reported about 9 a.m. in the kitchen located on one side of a two-storey duplex, fire prevention inspector Doug McEwan said Thursday. There were no injuries. Two residents of the […]
Owen Sound firefighters put out a fire at a triplex on the city’s west side early Saturday morning. All units were evacuated and the fire was contained to the deck and family room of the main floor unit. The fire started on the exterior of the home. Improperly extinguished smokers’ materials are the suspected cause, […]
Ontario Fire Marshal John Pegg said there were 133 fire-related deaths in 2022.
All that remained Tuesday of Johnny B’s, the auto repair shop in Meaford which burned to the ground, was twisted, blackened metal and crumpled, charred vehicles parked outside. Control of the scene of the huge Thursday night fire was returned to the owner Sunday. A sign on a fence at the front of the shop […]
A young man charged in the death of a 17-year-old girl in a 2020 Sauble Beach fire will be tried in October by a judge alone. Taran Hibma, 20, re-elected to judge alone from a jury trial during a brief appearance in the Superior Court of Justice, convened virtually on Zoom Wednesday. Hibma was 18 […]
South Bruce OPP is asking the public for video of the area of a fire which destroyed two outbuildings in the former Kinloss Township on March 9. Police were called at 7:51 that night to a fire along Grey Ox Avenue in the former Kinloss Township, north of Lucknow. Police officers arrived to find members […]
The Ontario Fire Marshal’s office has been notified after a structure fire on Saugeen First Nation sent two people to hospital.
Two kitchen fires in the same apartment building this month highlight the importance of attentiveness while cooking, Owen Sound fire prevention officer Greg Nicol said. A pot of oil caught fire and two people were left with burns when moving the pot off the stove Thursday at 1195 6th Ave. W. Firefighters put out the […]
End of content
End of content