Community

Auto Added by WPeMatico

Bruce County wins two Hermes Creative Awards 2021

Bruce County was recognized for outstanding work in creative economic development marketing with two Hermes Creative Awards in the video category — a Gold for the NPX: Choosing to Call Bruce County Home video and a Platinum for the Business to Bruce Paisley: Express Your Talents video. The videos, created in partnership with video production […]

covid six new covid 19 cases reported in grey bruce wednesday

COVID: six new COVID-19 cases reported in Grey-Bruce Wednesday

The Grey Bruce Health Unit reported six new cases of COVID-19 Wednesday. The newest cases were found in Arran-Elderslie, Brockton, Grey Highlands, Hanover, Saugeen Shores and Southgate. There are now 54 active COVID-19 cases confirmed by the health unit in the two counties including 37 involving a variant of concern. Two people with COVID-19 currently […]

hpha reducing covid 19 assessment centre hours

HPHA reducing COVID-19 Assessment Centre hours

By Ryan Drury May 5, 2021 2:13pm Share via: The Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance is slightly reducing hours at one of their COVID-19 Assessment Centres. As of May 8th, HPHA’s COVID-19 Assessment Centre at the Rotary Complex in Stratford will no longer operate on Saturdays, and the hours will reduce on Monday to Friday immediately….

Petition against Meaford pumped-storage plan filed as company proceeds

Petition against Meaford pumped-storage plan filed as company proceeds

A plan to make electricity by drawing water from Georgian Bay at night, then releasing it through power-generating turbines by day, continues to progress. TC Energy says its $4-billion pumped-storage project, which is proposed to be built at Land Force Central Area Training Centre Meaford, would produce 1,000 megawatts of electricity if built, enough for […]

SIMS: Arm-in-arm on vaccine advice? Hardly

SIMS: Arm-in-arm on vaccine advice? Hardly

I had a moment last week, when the health unit dropped the Pfizer and Moderna vaccine age band to 55 and older, when I wondered if I should have waited two weeks. I pushed that thought away like I would a fly at a picnic. Health Canada promised the Oxford-AstraZeneca shot I took at a […]

local food banks receiving donation from power workers union

Local food banks receiving donation from Power Workers’ Union

By Fiona Robertson May 5, 2021 6:02am Share via: The Power Workers’ Union (PWU) has announced it is donating a total of $52,000 to local Food Banks, Women’s Shelters and Mental Health initiatives in the Grey/Bruce/Huron area. The funds were recently approved through the PWU Bruce Site Equity Committee on behalf of the PWU Bruce…

COVID-19 variant rampant in India breaks into London area

COVID-19 variant rampant in India breaks into London area

The London-area health unit is reporting its first case of the double-mutant COVID-19 variant rampant in India, a stark reminder for the public that the region is very much in the thick of the third wave, the city’s public health deputy says. The B.1.617 variant case announced Tuesday by the Middlesex-London Health Unit was linked…

Grey-Bruce hospitals continue to feel COVID-19 pressures

Grey-Bruce hospitals continue to feel COVID-19 pressures

Rob Gowan While Grey-Bruce has seen its COVID-19 case numbers level off then fall in recent weeks, “external pressures” continue to weigh on local hospitals as they take on more patients with very complicated and severe ailments. “It is deceiving because from outside the hospital it probably looks like there is hardly anyone in the…

City anticipating $10,000 COVID-related surplus for 2021

City anticipating $10,000 COVID-related surplus for 2021

The Grey Bruce Health Unit reported one new case of COVID-19 Tuesday, in Brockton. There were 51 active confirmed cases in the two counties as of just before midnight Monday, including 36 involving a variant of concern. Four COVID-19 patients being followed by the health unit are hospitalized locally, according to the report. The health…

COVID: one new COVID-19 case reported in Grey-Bruce Tuesday

COVID: one new COVID-19 case reported in Grey-Bruce Tuesday

The Grey Bruce Health Unit reported one new case of COVID-19 Tuesday, in Brockton. There were 51 active confirmed cases in the two counties as of just before midnight Monday, including 36 involving a variant of concern. Four COVID-19 patients being followed by the health unit are hospitalized locally, according to the report. The health…

End of content

End of content