July 20, 2022 5:00am
Bruce County continues to work on a major bridge replacement in Paisley.
The Teeswater River Bridge, located on Bruce Road 3 in Paisley, has been getting work done on it since May of this year, and that work will continue into the fall. The bridge is open currently with construction underway and drivers can still easily access downtown Paisley on that route. The county states on their website that “the existing bridge location will be closed from August 2nd, 2022 to September 2023 during construction. Construction of a temporary bridge is underway. This temporary bridge will connect Goldie Street and Church Street, over the Saugeen River, and serve as the connecting in-town detour for motorists and pedestrians in Paisley.”
Bruce County also notes that semi-trucks and large agricultural equipment can’t cross the current bridge while construction is underway, and signage for truck bypasses have been put in place.
- Temporary Bridge Construction – May 2022 to August 2022
- Temporary Bridge in Operation – August 2022 to September 2023
- Old Bridge Demolition/New Bridge Construction – August 2022 to September 2023
- New Infrastructure Construction North of New Bridge – Starting in 2023
- Temporary Bridge Demolition – Starting in September 2023