Follow the 3 W’s – Wash hands frequently, Watch distance (ideally 6ft), and Wear face covering correctly, and the 2 A’s – Avoid Crowds and Arrange for outdoor activities instead of indoors whenever possible.
GET YOUR VACCINE
STAY HOME IF SICK
Case counts and vaccine data is taken from GBHU Epidemiological Reports as of 23:59 hrs, December 29, 2021:
All data is preliminary and subject to change. Future situation reports will be updated accordingly.
- 158 new cases reported in past 24 hours in Grey Bruce: 29 – Owen Sound, 22 – Kincardine, 15 – Blue Mountains, 15 – West Grey, 14 – Saugeen Shores, 12 – Hanover, 7 – Meaford, 6 – Chatsworth, 6 – Southgate, 5 – Arran-Elderslie, 5 – Brockton , 5 – South Bruce Peninsula, 3 – Georgian Bluffs, 3 – Huron Kinloss, 2 – Grey Highlands, 2 – South Bruce,7 – Unknown
- 3515 confirmed cases (including 2 lab confirmed cases of the Omicron Variant and hundreds by basic lab indicators and epidemiology)
- 552 active cases
- High risk Contacts will no longer be reported due to the change in case and contact management – COVID-19 Case and Contact Management Updated Process
- 2935 resolved cases
- 7 confirmed local active cases hospitalized in Grey Bruce due to COVID-19
- 0 confirmed case from Grey Bruce is hospitalized outside of Grey Bruce due to COVID-19
- 16 deaths in Grey Bruce
- +1 death related to a Grey Bruce resident that acquired the infection and was treated outside of Grey Bruce
- +7 deaths related to Grey Bruce residents that acquired the infection in Grey Bruce however passed away outside of Grey Bruce
- Local and Provincial data may not align as cases with unconfirmed cause of death are not included above but are included in the Provincial data.
- 128 cases reported in health care workers; reports health care workers living in Grey Bruce and working both in and outside Grey Bruce