October 4, 2021 11:30am
The province is providing additional funding to seven local hospitals in Huron and Bruce counties.
Huron-Bruce MPP Lisa Thompson announced in a release that nearly 6.5 million dollars will be split between the seven facilities courtesy of the province’s Health Infrastructure Renewal Fund. That fund is designed to “support critical health care infrastructure upgrades, repairs and maintenance in hospitals across Ontario.” South Huron Hospital, Wingham and District Hospital, Alexandra Marine and General in Goderich, Seaforth Community Hospital, Clinton Public Hospital, Grey Bruce Health Services and South Bruce Grey Health Centre will all receive funding.
The province is also investing $20,788 to theGrey Bruce Branch of the Canadian Mental Health Association.
The funding breakdown is as follows:
Health Infrastructure Renewal Fund
· South Huron Hospital will receive $1,160,098
· Wingham and District Hospital will receive $704, 335
· Alexandra Marine and General Hospital will receive $433,395
· Seaforth Community Hospital will receive $410,296
· Clinton Public Hospital will receive $407,407
· Grey Bruce Health Services will receive $1,986, 129 (includes Southampton hospital)
· South Bruce Grey Health Centre will receive $1,376,429
“These funds are greatly needed by our hospitals to help them continue providing excellent health care to our residents,” says Huron-Bruce MPP Lisa Thompson. “While it is not an area often noticed by the general public, repairing and upgrading hospital infrastructure is vital to the overall health care system.”
Read Full Story